Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Dr Tony Dungy

Yes, I said that right. Dr Dungy.

Today, Tony Dungy was the fifth person to be inducted into the Indiana Wesleyan University Society of World Changers. He was also given an honorary degree.

He spoke this morning at the ceramony. I have to admit, part of me didn't want to go. because, well I could care less about football. I don't really care for sports. But Dungy was not Honered today because of his career. Dungy was honered because he is a true "world changer". I know that phrase is one fore jokes here on campus at IWU, but honestly, I admire Dungy. What I thought was really awesome is just how he gave God the glory through all of it. He could have gotten up and bragged about his great career, the superbowl win and all. But he didn't. there is so much more to Dungy than being a coach. He also is part of some great family organizations. I see him as a true world changer because of his faith. he shows that it does not matter what field you go into, you can still use it to glorify God. he shows that God can use anyone as long as you let him. It was great to hear Tony Dungy speak today.

Photos to come later today

1 comment:

Allie said...

I tagged you check out my blog.